Hospitality businesses like blocks of Holiday Lets, small hotels, B&Bs (bed and breakfasts) and Guest Houses are more popular than ever. However, many traditional lenders haven’t quite sorted out how they want to treat these businesses. Many insist on offering mortgages only along more expensive commercial lines, while others refuse to lend entirely. If you are struggling with this situation, Holiday Let Mortgage UK can help.
Getting a mortgage for a Guest House or Holiday Let property business doesn’t have to be difficult! HLM can help you find the best financing options on the market today, and make the application process simple and manageable.
What kind of Guest House Mortgage terms could I get?
That varies quite a bit from lender to lender, and from business to business. Generally speaking, though, we have helped our customers find mortgages on the following terms:
- Mortgages and financing for start-ups and existing hospitality businesses
- Financing for partnerships, individuals and limited companies – note that financing for limited companies typically require a personal guarantee of the loan
- Mortgages typically available only for owner-managed properties
- Loan values of £200,000 and up
- Up to 60% LTV for interest-only loans and up to 70% for capital-and-interest
- Loan terms of up to 25 years for capital-and-interest repayment or up to 10 years for interest-only
- Loans on leasehold properties, assuming the lease allows business use, and at least 85 years remaining on the lease
- Borrowers typically must be UK residents and either EU or UK nationals
- Properties must typically be located on the UK mainland